Property Volunteer, co-opted member of the Audit and Risk Committee
4 hours per quarter
Early 2018 to end 2019
We require a suitably qualified and experienced property development professional to join our Audit and Risk Committee as a non-trustee member.
You will have the opportunity to play a key guiding role as Mothers’ Union evaluates options for, and subsequently executes, a strategy for renovating and optimising the return from a key asset – Mary Sumner House, 24,Tufton Street, Westminster.
The particular focus of this role would be to provide support and challenge for the evaluation of options for, and delivery of the renovation of Mary Sumner House. You would also be expected to provide support and challenge to all areas of work of the committee, in particular, to the other strategic projects, which include:
- Embedding of a new database and associated systems and processes, and initiating of potential further phases
- Evaluation and implementation of a new accounting package
- Evaluation of a new e-commerce strategy
To be successful you will need
- Property development expertise as it relates to listed properties
- Expertise in the rental/leasing/conferencing markets in Central London
- Sign Proven ability to communicate complex information clearly to non professionals
- Prior experience as a Charity Trustee
- Practising Christian ( must be empathetic, and comfortable to operate in a Christian environment)
- Empathy towards the mission and values of Mothers’ Union
Duration of the role:
Early 2018 to end 2019, to provide expertise to the Committee and through them the Board, throughout the project.
Time commitment of the role:
A minimum of four hours a quarter to include:
- Attendance at the Audit and Risk Committee’s quarterly, 2-hour long meetings. Two of these meeting take place in central London, two occur offsite and coincide with the bi-annual Board meetings. All meetings occur during working hours
- Agenda-driven attendance at the bi-annual off-site Board meetings
- Pre-meeting preparatory/ review work, as required
In addition to this minimum requirement, the successful candidate would be expected to be available as a “critical friend” to Management between Committee Meetings and to attend a number of key project meetings, and/or meetings with key (potential) suppliers.
For full information , please download the information pack
Please also read the Terms of Reference for the role here
Deadline for applications: Friday 2nd February 2018.
To express an interest and apply, please email your CV with a supporting statement describing how your skills and experience match our requirements and what you would bring to the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org