Work With Us
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest assets and one of which we are proud. Our work place makes for a lively and creative environment that is rewarding and inspiring. Our staff are passionate about their areas of work and ensure that their work reflects our main aims. We are supportive of our staff and offer great working conditions, flexible working hours, a pension and opportunities for career development. We also have a suite of various benefits for our staff to assist with their individual family and work life balance.
Policy Advisor - Fixed term- 18 months
Up to £45,000 per annum
This is an exciting position for a Policy Advisor who can see the potential power for good of harnessing the voices of the 4m members of Mothers’ Union worldwide, and would enjoy the challenge of helping Mothers’ Union focus and implement key policies for the growth and success of the organisation.
Working closely with the Chief Executive and with colleagues across the organisation, you will:
- Work with management and the Board to develop a credible long-term policy strategy
- Support our immediate policy operational needs
- Identify and deliver ways in which the membership can be equipped to undertake their own advocacy, and agree viable ways of tracking their activities.
- Research, edit and compile briefings, information papers, discussion documents, newsletters, updates and other resources on policy issues as they relate to Mothers’ Union for various audiences.
- Engage effectively with the membership at all levels
UK Regional Development Manager
Up to £33,000 per annum
Mothers’ Union are looking for someone with proven project development experience gained within Christian or community organisations to join us a Regional Development Manager. Working closely with the Development Team and with colleagues across the organisation, you will:
- Have particular responsibility for regions within England, Wales, and Scotland, supporting the various programmes in these regions, you will lead on the development and implementation of participatory member-led church and community mobilisation processes.
- Support our members as they undertake a participatory listening process which we have named MULOA( Mothers’ Union Listens Acts and Observes).
- Co-ordinate the work undertaken in supporting individuals and families who are involved in work with prisons and rehabilitation facilities.
- Compile briefings, information papers, discussion documents, updates and other resources on the work in these regions for various audiences.
- Engage effectively with the membership at all levels.
IT Support Officer
£30,000 - £33,000 per annum
Mothers’ Union are looking for an accomplished IT professional with experience of diagnosing, solving and advising others on web based issues, to take on this vital IT role.
Your main remit will be to be the first point of contact for our Members with queries relating to IT, in particular the new organisation wide database we are rolling out later this year and updates to our website.
As IT Support Officer, you will:
- Support Mothers’ Union Dioceses responding to technical and non-technical queries relating to our website and database, including managing incoming calls, emails and other forms of communication
- Log, troubleshoot and resolve enquiries by determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution; expediting correction or adjustment and following up to ensure resolution
- Assist the IT Manager with support to Dioceses as they collect their membership data and the import and management of Diocesan data in a central database
- Get involved in the development of documentation, videos, tutorials including data standards, procedures and definitions for members, users and Diocesan Officers
- Analyse call/email/queries/logs to spot trends and underlying issues to help develop tutorials/videos and solutions
- Help to install and configure computer systems and provide desktop applications and website backend administration training/support to staff.
Central Services Administrative Assistant
Part-time - 4 hours per day, Monday- Friday between 9am–1pm (20 hours per week)
£13,142, pro rata from a fte £23,000 per annum pro rata
Mothers’ Union are looking for a reliable and well-organised individual with proven office experience to provide vital administrative support to our Central Services team. Our Central Services Team provides general administrative support to all staff and Mothers’ Union members, particularly with membership renewals and member resources, as well as resourcing annual conferences and meetings.
As the Central Services Administrative Assistant, you will:
- Help the Central Services Team Lead ensure staff and Mothers’ Union members are adequately supported and provide cover as required in the absence of team members
- In the absence of the telephonist, be part of the team that covers the switchboard, ensuring calls are answered promptly and politely and calls and messages relayed efficiently
- Assist in carrying out large photocopying and mailings requests, making sure quality and attention to detail is maintained at all times
- Assist with the maintenance of a database and undertake filing and other office duties as required
- To deal with routine enquiries received from members and general public either via telephone, email or post.
If you are interested in working in a particular team, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the area you are interested in and we will send you an email notification when a vacancy arises.
We often receive a large number of open applications that we are unable to consider. We are only able to process your application if you apply for an advertised vacancy.
We occasionally have internship posts in selected teams. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in an internship with us.