Mothers’ Union Enterprises LTD (MUe), Volunteer, co-opted Board member
3 Board meetings a year
Mothers’ Union Enterprises LTD (MUe), a wholly owned trading subsidiary of Mothers’ Union is seeking to co-opt a volunteer as a Board member, with particular expertise in digital retail.
You will have the opportunity to play a critical guiding and advising role as the company develops a strategy for the development of its digital retail business.This is a really exciting opportunity to help a Charity to make a step-change in its approach. You would be taking a leading role in working with management and Board colleagues to develop and subsequently implement a credible digital retail strategy. In particular:
- Rationale for a revised approach, including product offering and customer segments
- Links (or otherwise) with use of representatives
- Investment and skills requirements
- Financial case
To be successful you will need:
- Retail expertise, with a particular focus on digital retail
- Empathy with the work of Mothers’ Union
- Ability to connect with a member-volunteer led Board, with limited digital literacy
- Ability to identify creative solutions with limited resource availability
- Connections to access for advice, partnering or specialist skills
- Practising Christian
- Prior experience as a Charity Trustee
The Board meets for 4 hours, 3 times a year during working hours in London. In addition, the role holder would be asked to be available to participate in a small number of strategy development sessions, and to be available as a sounding board for management as more detailed work is undertaken.
Duration of the role
18-24 months, to cover development and the start of implementation of the strategy
For full information , please download the information pack on this page.
Deadline for applications: Friday 2nd February 2018.
To express an interest and apply, please email your CV with a supporting statement describing how your skills and experience match our requirements and what you would bring to the role to: email@example.com