IT Support Officer
IT Support Officer
£30,000 - £33,000 per annum
Mothers’ Union are looking for an accomplished IT professional with experience of diagnosing, solving and advising others on web based issues, to take on this vital IT role.
Your main remit will be to be the first point of contact for our Members with queries relating to IT, in particular the new organisation wide database we are rolling out later this year and updates to our website.
This is an exciting time to join Mothers’ Union. Established in 1876, we are a membership organisation with over 60 affiliated local charities in Britain and Ireland and over 600 worldwide – and we're still growing.
As IT Support Officer, you will:
- Support Mothers’ Union Dioceses responding to technical and non-technical queries relating to our website and database, including managing incoming calls, emails and other forms of communication
- Log, troubleshoot and resolve enquiries by determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution; expediting correction or adjustment and following up to ensure resolution
- Assist the IT Manager with support to Dioceses as they collect their membership data and the import and management of Diocesan data in a central database
- Get involved in the development of documentation, videos, tutorials including data standards, procedures and definitions for members, users and Diocesan Officers
- Analyse call/email/queries/logs to spot trends and underlying issues to help develop tutorials/videos and solutions
- Help to install and configure computer systems and provide desktop applications and website backend administration training/support to staff.
To succeed as IT Support Officer, you will need:
- Experience of supporting customers with digital or technical products and services and the communication skills it takes to engage with a wide range of people
- An interest in web and software design and development and the ability to communicate technical concepts in a simple and easy to understand way to users
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, in particular Microsoft Excel, with experience of SQL databases an advantage
- The ability to work largely self-directed, use your initiative with minimal supervision, multi task and prioritise in a rapidly changing environment, plus a real desire to expand your knowledge
- An understanding of the core values of Mothers’ Union and passion for our work.
There is far more to Mothers’ Union than you might imagine. We are an exciting and growing grassroots charity with over 4 million members in 83 countries bringing Christian care for families right at the heart of communities worldwide. It is a goal that we actively pursue through our faith, programme work, advocacy and policy campaigns.
Please read through the Job Application Pack for more information. If you wish to apply for this exciting role please complete the application form below and mail to: email@example.com or by post to Mothers’ Union, Mary Sumner House, 24 Tufton Street, London SW1P 3RB.
Closing date: 9th March 2018