Donor Care Officer
£25,000 - £27,000 per annum
Full-time, permanent (35 hours per week)
Closing date: 23 April 2018
Mothers’ Union are looking for a customer-focused individual with experience of working in a customer/supporter or membership role to take responsibility for the day-to-day management and development of our donor care.
This is an exciting time to join Mothers’ Union. Established in 1876, we are a membership organisation with over 60 affiliated local charities in Britain and Ireland and over 600 worldwide – and we're still growing. Join us as a Donor Care Officer and you could soon be playing a vital role at the heart of our Fundraising & Communications team.
As a Donor Care Officer, you will:
- Be responsible for all aspects of Donor Care, including supporting the development of a Donor Care strategy and carrying out research
- Act as the first point of contact for all donor enquiries by phone, letter or email and respond to, and manage, all complaints relevant to Fundraising
- Engage supporters with updates, resources and cross-selling of products to maximise interest and response
- Help to deliver and track supporter and member journeys and procure and manage external suppliers for Appeals and Campaigns
- Maintain and manage the team’s requirements from our Integra database, use it to provide analysis and feedback and keep it up-to-date and accurate
To succeed as a Donor Care Officer, you will need:
- Experience of dealing with customers or donors via letter, email and over the phone and working with external agencies in order to manage mailings or production of materials
- A proven ability to carry out a varied range of administrative tasks accurately and consistently, including taking minutes at meetings, plus strong attention to detail
- Proficiency using Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook and experience of database administration and their use in marketing effectively to donors and members
- A collaborative, flexible approach, lots of initiative and a flair for effectively managing your workload and meeting set deadlines and the ability to engage effectively with a wide range of people
- An understanding of the core values of Mothers’ Union, a passion for our work and a willingness to occasionally work additional hours when required
There is far more to Mothers’ Union than you might imagine. We are an exciting and growing grassroots charity with over 4 million members in 83 countries bringing Christian care for families right at the heart of communities worldwide. It is a goal that we actively pursue through our faith, programme work, advocacy and policy campaigns.
Please read through the Job Application Pack for more information. If you wish to apply for this exciting role please complete the application form along with the (optional) equal opportunity monitoring form below and mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Mothers’ Union, Mary Sumner House, 24 Tufton Street, London SW1P 3RB.