Central Services Administrative Assistant
Part-time - 4 hours per day, Monday- Friday between 9am–1pm
20 hours per week
£13,142, pro rata from a fte £23,000 per annum pro rata
Mothers’ Union are looking for a reliable and well-organised individual with proven office experience to provide vital administrative support to our Central Services team.
This is an exciting time to join Mothers’ Union. Established in 1876, we are a membership organisation with over 60 affiliated local charities in Britain and Ireland and over 600 worldwide – and we're still growing. Our Central Services Team provides general administrative support to all staff and Mothers’ Union members, particularly with membership renewals and member resources, as well as resourcing annual conferences and meetings.
As the Central Services Administrative Assistant, you will:
- Help the Central Services Team Lead ensure staff and Mothers’ Union members are adequately supported and provide cover as required in the absence of team members
- In the absence of the telephonist, be part of the team that covers the switchboard, ensuring calls are answered promptly and politely and calls and messages relayed efficiently
- Assist in carrying out large photocopying and mailings requests, making sure quality and attention to detail is maintained at all times
- Assist with the maintenance of a database and undertake filing and other office duties as required
- To deal with routine enquiries received from members and general public either via telephone, email or post.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Experience of working in an office, including filing, dealing with telephone, email and written enquiries (some database experience an advantage but not essential)
- An organised and methodical yet flexible approach to work and the ability to work as part of a team, cope with change and respond quickly when information is required
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to manage your own workload with minimum supervision and communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences
- The ability to use your own initiative and multi-task whilst remaining calm and focussed, even when under pressure or up against deadlines
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook
- An understanding of the core values of Mothers’ Union, a passion for our work and a willingness to occasionally work additional hours when required.
There is far more to Mothers’ Union than you might imagine. We are an exciting and growing grassroots charity with over 4 million members in 83 countries bringing Christian care for families right at the heart of communities worldwide. It is a goal that we actively pursue through our faith, programme work, advocacy and policy campaigns.
Please read through the Job Application Pack for more information. If you wish to apply for this exciting role please complete the application form below and mail to: email@example.com or by post to Mothers’ Union, Mary Sumner House, 24 Tufton Street, London SW1P 3RB.
Closing date: 9th March 2018